Quick Miso and Broccoli Soup
Ingredients (for 3):
- A little vegetable oil (I use sunflower)
- A teaspoon of sesame oil
- 2 Celery sticks
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Head of broccoli
- Miso paste
- Sesame seeds
- A dash of tabasco or tiny bit of chili in some other form
- Slice the celery thinly so you get moon shaped slices.
- Peel and slice the carrot into half centimetre circles.
- Put some vegetable oil and the sesame oil in a large saucepan.
- Once the oil is hot, drop in the celery and carrot and saute for 5 minutes.
- Separate the broccoli into florets and add to the pan.
- let it all saute for a few more minutes while stirring regularly to ensure all the brocoli gets mixed in.
- slice some ginger as thin as you can and add to the pan. I would say 5 or so thin slices should do it.
- Boil some water separately in an electric kettle and then add it to the pan. About half a liter of water, enough to generously cover the rest of the vegetables.
- Add Miso paste to taste. 2-3 tablespoons should do the trick.
- Turn the soup off and toast some sesame seeds to sprinkle on top.